one month ago
5 posts

Thanks to both of you! ūüėä

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one month ago
1,956 posts

Thanks Ken! I've edited the original link so that it now works, and deleted a couple of posts about the link not working.  :)

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
DulciCat
DulciCat
@dulcicat
one month ago
5 posts

Thanks Ken!

Jennifer McWhirt
Jennifer McWhirt
@jennifer-mcwhirt
one month ago
1 posts

Yes it is!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one month ago
1,956 posts

That Seigrist is in unbelievable condition!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
DulciCat
DulciCat
@dulcicat
one month ago
5 posts

After speaking with Ralph Lee Smith about this instrument, my Mother won an auction over 20 years ago to add this historical instrument to her collection.  Ralph Lee believed this to be an instrument made and patented in 1878 by Paul Seigrist of NY.  He also believed it to be the only one in existence in the US.    You may read more HERE or in his book, Appalachian Dulcimer Traditions (2nd edition)

The instrument is in its original condition with no restoration work performed.  All parts are in working order and the instrument is playable.

Shipping can be arranged with buyer paying shipping costs; however, I will consider personally delivering this instrument within a 500-mile radius or meeting the buyer halfway if the distance is greater.  Also available for pickup.

Serious inquiries only please.  This is the same price ($15,000) that was paid for the instrument over 20 years ago. Please contact me at Mcwhirtjennifer @aol.com or at 615-243-4313.