Mountain Dulcimer Tablature Book

Janene Millen
Janene Millen
@janene-millen
one month ago
32 posts

I forgot to mention....with the $20 price to purchase, you get:

music downloadable 101 page book (with 31 unique songs)

music an MP3 audio file for each song

music a folder of the songs, available as individual PDFs for easy upload to handheld devices (ForScore, MobileSheets etc.)

fromdittiestodirgesnotation_1080x.jpg

Janene Millen
Janene Millen
@janene-millen
one month ago
32 posts

Dusty Turtle:

There is so much there, not merely the melodies of these songs, but different kinds of chordal arrangements and information on vocals, adding embellishments, and more.

I know singing these songs wouldn't be for everyone, but I so enjoy just reading these old lyrics and pull out the hints of history in them....and I love focusing on the chords.  When I fist saw 'tab' and the chord names above the music, I thought it was only so a guitar player could play along.  LOL 

I didn't even recognize the concept of playing chords on the dulcimer back then !

Now it's always my focus.smile

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
one month ago
1,472 posts

Janene Millen: Dusty, now I've had a taste of what labor is truly involved

Yeah, it starts out as a labor of love and soon becomes a labor of I-wanna-get-this-s@#$-finished-already!

But you're done, and the final product is wonderful.  There is so much there, not merely the melodies of these songs, but different kinds of chordal arrangements and information on vocals, adding embellishments, and more.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Janene Millen
Janene Millen
@janene-millen
one month ago
32 posts

Thank you Val.  It was a  LEARNING experience.  Glad to have it finished and on to some new stuff.  Tired of revisiting the songs I learned in previous years, but good to have it captured on paper. The love was in really wanting to share these beautiful songs. Thanks for your mentoring, although you may not think of it that way.

Dusty, now I've had a taste of what labor is truly involved----those of you who have already done this a few times. Your support and feedback has always been so appreciated. 

Robin....you are an angel. A super-talented angel.  Thank you!

Susie
Susie
@susie
one month ago
438 posts

I'll be checking it out, thank you and congrats!

MacAodha
MacAodha
@macaodha
one month ago
30 posts

Well done Jan, looks like an amazing piece of work, a labour of love I'd imagine.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
one month ago
1,216 posts

Janene, you know I've been a fan of your wonderful music for a long time!  

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
one month ago
1,472 posts

Congratulations, Janene! flower  I'm so glad you completed this project. I am one of many people who have loved listening to your tasteful and inventive arrangements over the years and am glad there's finally a collection where we can learn the tunes!

I'm going to get my copy ASAP! joyjoy

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty-turtle: 06/24/21 04:00:36PM
Janene Millen
Janene Millen
@janene-millen
one month ago
32 posts

I co-authored a mountain dulcimer tablature book, a year in the making, and it's just been made available on the Dulcimer Downloads site, as a download only. This is a link to a short video overview of what this book of music is about and how to get it. The book features sheet music for many of the songs I’ve played and sung and commemorated with YouTube videos I've posted here and on my YouTube Channel, "Janene M",  from the last 13 years. 

" From Ditties to Dirges "  by Janene Millen and Shawn McCurdy  ($20)

LINK to video overview of the book

Link to BUY 

fromdittiestodirgesnotation_1080x.jpg

updated by @janene-millen: 06/26/21 11:09:10AM