New cherry Jethro Amburgey replica for sale

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
3 days ago
284 posts

In case you haven't seen my website or other newer posts of mine, I'm running an end-of-year sale on my remaining dulcimers. This cherry Amburgey replica is now 10% off-- instead of $400 it's now just $360 plus shipping!  That sale price is through the end of this year only, so let me know if you're interested.  My Tennessee music box is also on sale for $315, normally $350.

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
3 weeks ago
284 posts

This lovely cherry dulcimore of Jethro Amburgey's design is still looking for a loving home.

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
one month ago
284 posts

Thanks Richard, Lisa and Robin!  BTW, I noticed that my camera likes to distort things somewhat!  But the head IS tilted a little to the right.  Oh, well...

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
one month ago
1,227 posts

That is so pretty, John, and whoever becomes its new owner will have a treasure!

PS- I have had a dulcimer for several years and the body was modeled after an Amburgey-- no fiddle edge nor a scribed edge yet the basic body.   

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one month ago
2,001 posts

That is a very lovely dulcimer John!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
2 months ago
168 posts

Looks mighty fine John.

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
2 months ago
284 posts

Here is a solid cherry dulcimore I built in the Jethro Amburgey pattern.  
The main difference is there are no fiddle edges. But there are also no cracks in it!
It is for noter/drone playing only.  The pegs are ebony violin pegs.  Strings are .012" and .022" wound.
A beautiful orange-red color that will darken with age.  I'm offering it to the public at $400 plus shipping.

amburgey 09 21 001.JPG

amburgey 09 21 002.JPG

amburgey 09 21 004.JPG