Deluxe Whistlepig Hogfiddle for sale (SOLD)

Slate Creek Dulcimers
Slate Creek Dulcimers
@slate-creek-dulcimers
2 weeks ago
23 posts

This one sold

Slate Creek Dulcimers
Slate Creek Dulcimers
@slate-creek-dulcimers
one month ago
23 posts

Thanks Robin!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
one month ago
1,232 posts

What a beauty, Bobby!

Slate Creek Dulcimers
Slate Creek Dulcimers
@slate-creek-dulcimers
one month ago
23 posts

IMG_20210505_185246493.jpg

Price is on sale for $300 + shipping.

My other photos are too big too attach but if you're interested I can send them to you.

I previously had this one priced at $450 but I've had it for a while and need to move it plus I need to pay my property taxes. So this is a Deluxe version at the standard version price.

This is my Whistlepig Hogfiddle Dulcimore. Except this is a Deluxe version which I'll describe below.

It's only around 26-1/2 inches long and 6 inches wide.

It has a 19 inch VSL.

Around 1 inch tall fretboard to aid in playing noter/drone style.

The frets are placed using the Pythagorean temperament scale.

15 frets made of phosphor bronze.

It has a hand cut, annealed and shaped copper tail plate. The screws holding the tailplate are brass, and the string anchor nails are brass. 

It also features a copper nut and bridge.

Hand made tuning pegs made from Persimmon.

A Sassafras diamond inlay in the fretboard.

Tuning is Unison ggg (4th octave) but will include and extra .017 bass string in case you wish to tune it in Ionian mode cgg.

The strings are .010 steel music wire.

It's made from curly Tiger Maple with a Sassafras soundboard.

It has fiddle edges. 

It has 3 feet on the bottom to elevate it for more volume if laying it on a table or stand rather than your lap.

It was stained with a homemade stain made by dissolving iron in vinegar and applied before the hand sanding began. This contributes to the worn/aged look. Then finished with 7 coats of boiled linseed oil sanded between coats and topped off with a final coat of Danish Oil. The finish was allowed to dry and then buffed for days with 0000 steel wool leaving a natural medium gloss. This dulcimore will only get more beautiful as it ages!