Wanted: 26-inch Fret Scale McSpadden Dulcimer

Silverstrings
Silverstrings
@silverstrings
2 weeks ago
52 posts

I totally understand. Definitely think about the micarta fretboard. You will not regret it. 

Jim Hill
Jim Hill
@jim-hill
2 weeks ago
3 posts

$825 is way out of my price range, since I can order a new one with the features I want for $600 or so.  Thanks for your efforts.

Silverstrings
Silverstrings
@silverstrings
2 weeks ago
52 posts

I am still waiting to hear back on whether he is willing to ship. He did say that he wanted $825.00 for it.

Let me know what you think either way. 

If it is too much money, consider getting one made to your liking at The Dulcimer Shoppe. They will even let you decide what kind of grain pattern you want for your dulcimer. 

Both of my 26” McSpadden dulcimers have the Micarta fretboard. That is worth the extra money. It will never wear out. 

Silverstrings
Silverstrings
@silverstrings
2 weeks ago
52 posts

Jim, I just sent a detailed message to the other party with your questions. As soon as I know, I will give you the particulars. I own two 26” VSL McSpadden dulcimers. I love mine. They rarely come up for sale. I did see that you are approximately 3-1/2 hours away from where this dulcimer is located. It is in like new condition. The owner likes bigger dulcimers and just has not played it much. 

Jim Hill
Jim Hill
@jim-hill
2 weeks ago
3 posts

If it wasn't for the internal pickup it sounds like it's just what I was looking for.  I suspect the pickup would bring the price above what I am willing to pay.  What is his asking price?  Also, is he willing to ship it?

Silverstrings
Silverstrings
@silverstrings
2 weeks ago
52 posts

I know someone who has a 26” VSL McSpadden dulcimer with a spruce top and black walnut back and sides. It also has a micarta fretboard. They are in Georgia. I do know that it has a pick guard and an internal pickup. That being said, it might be more than you might want to pay. I know that he wants to sell it but would want a fair price. They are located in north Georgia. 

Let me know if you want to know more. I would be glad to contact him for you. 

Jim Hill
Jim Hill
@jim-hill
2 weeks ago
3 posts

Prefer a spruce top and micarta  fretboard, but would consider any 26-inch VSL model.