Let's give thanks to our FOTMD Welcome Wagon!

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
4 weeks ago
15 posts

A big THANK YOU to the welcome wagon also from me - earlier this year it was the first time for me to become a member of a forum and I was a little bit insecure and did not know how all this would work. But after all these kind welcomes one can only feel good! Thank you very much! flower

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 weeks ago
1,006 posts

@ken-longfield The Welcome Table link worked for me (on my iPad mini running Safari). 

Thanks, FOTMD Welcome Wagon!  Y'all help keep this one of the friendliest places.  <3

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
4 weeks ago
1,051 posts

Yes, a big THANK YOU to the welcome wagon here. 

I think Rod Westerfield welcomed me within hours of my first joining. It certainly was a warm greeting and took the nervousness out of joining a new site about an instrument I barely knew.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
4 weeks ago
649 posts

Lisa, I get a 404 error when I click on the link in your blog for "Welcome Table." BTW, this is one of my favorites.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 weeks ago
1,881 posts

Thank you Glenda, I'm glad you've found that blog helpful.

I think of FOTMD as being a kind of 'welcome table' for mountain dulcimer players of all persuasions. That's why our Welcome Wagon team of Greeters listed below are such a big part of every new member's first impression in being welcomed here by new friends. grphug

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Glenda  Hubbard
Glenda Hubbard
@glenda-hubbard
4 weeks ago
22 posts

Strumella, I want to thank you! I have referred back to the noter Drone Blog many times.It has been an enormous help to me a great learning blog  beautifully done. Your dedication to  our music and keeping us informed  cannot be measured. Keep up the good work. I know it can't always be easy. 

I'm Gonna Sit at the Welcome Table   Perfect for this time of the year ! THANK YOU!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 weeks ago
1,881 posts

In light of Thanksgiving also approaching, and as part of giving thanks to our Welcome Wagon team, this seems like a good place to link to my Blog Post about the old traditional song/hymn "I'm Gonna Sit at the Welcome Table":

https://dulcimer-noter-drone.blogspot.com/2009/11/welcome-table.html

Included in my blog post is the lyrics and free dulcimer TAB I made for playing it. I included two dulcimer tab parts- one for melody and one for harmony. Can be played in DAA fretting the melody string only. Perhaps it's a fitting song to play for your friends or family during the Thanksgiving and harvest/holiday season!

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 10/22/18 02:44:46PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 weeks ago
1,881 posts

On behalf of all site members, I just wanted to give a hug of appreciation to our wonderful VOLUNTEER Welcome Wagon here on FOTMD.

Our "Greeters" post warm welcome comments on the profile page of every new member who joins the site. They do this simply because they know how good it feels to receive a friendly post or two on your page when you first join.  Our greeting team puts the "friends" in Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer, and they do it out of their own kindness.

I'd like to add that there are no special requirements for joining them as a FOTMD "Greeter"- you just have to love people and make a friendly welcoming comment on new members' profile pages with some regularity- whenever you feel you can. If you'd like more info just catch FOTMD Moderator Jim Fawcett any morning or evening in the ChatRoom here on FOTMD.  To open the Chat, click the blue "quote bubble" button at bottom right of any page on the site.

Let's all give our thanks to our site's current Welcome Wagon Team!:

@jim-fawcett

709cdef9f911b1fd0904e2581a368c73.jpg

@ken-longfield

Scheitholt.jpg

@richard-streib

RStreib with dulcimer1.jpg

@benjamin-w-barr-jr

cdbdfbf676c6400eb10ce2362fd84ab1.jpg

@rob-n-lackey

Rob on stage.jpg

==========================================

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 10/22/18 02:45:40PM