Has the Everything Dulcimer "Facebook" page closed?

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
12 hours ago
1,552 posts

I raised a "stink" on the page this afternoon, when I noticed that it wasn't set to Private or even Closed.  Instead it was set to Secret!!!!  Now 30 or more page members have responded one way or another, and hopefully the Admin will wake up!

Bob
Bob
@bob
13 hours ago
91 posts

There are several other Facebook Dulcimer groups, if you are interested:

"Mountain Dulcimer Players", "Support the Mountain Dulcimer an American Instrument" and "Mountain Dulcimer" are Public Groups.

"Discovering Dulcimers", "Lets Make Dulcimers", "Noter Style Dulcimer Players", are Closed Groups but you can ask to join.

These are very nice groups and very informative, and you could probably find many others as well!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
21 hours ago
1,613 posts

Yeah I'm not sure why it's taking so long.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Adrian E
Adrian E
@adrian-e
22 hours ago
14 posts

Thanks for the replies. It's still a private site, so I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer before it goes public again.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 weeks ago
1,552 posts

Facebook pages are subject to privatization/going public.  Facebook itself has arbitrarily changed some Group pages without notice, and is taking their own sweet time to rectify the situation.  If you Join a page you'll always be able to see it.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 weeks ago
1,613 posts

The site is supposed to go visible/public again in another week or two, as Dusty said.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
3 weeks ago
1,106 posts

@Adrian-E, my understanding is that the site has gone "private" but will be made public again within a few weeks.  Members still have access but it is not open to the public and cannot accept new members while in private mode.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty-turtle: 06/24/19 02:16:16AM
Adrian E
Adrian E
@adrian-e
3 weeks ago
14 posts

I can't find the site on my computer anymore. I could always get access until a few weeks ago, even though I'm not a member. Someone told me it may now be a "secret" site hidden from public view, but surely that couldn't be so. Why would they do that? Anyone know what's happening?