Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,253 posts

This morning I was deleting a few online bookmarks that no longer do me any good. Since I had no been able to view the 'set to Secret group'  EverythingDulcimer FB page for months now, I had my finger hovered over the bookmark to delete it. On a whim I clicked on it first, for oldtime's sake to see if by some miracle it had been made public again.
VOILA!  It seems to be public and viewable by everyone again !  surprised

So now even if you are not a member of FB, you can at least go take a peek and see what's been happening on ED's last embodiment.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/165673533442748/

The Powers That Be must have made the switch back to public group again, after many months now of being set to invisible to all non ED group members.  Welcome back to the world, ED!  ...and I do hope it stays that way.  yes

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,124 posts

Ah so deska...  Thanx.

If anyone here would like to get on the Farcebook EverythingDulcimer page, send me a PM here at FOTMD.

Bob
Bob
@bob
5 years ago
86 posts

Ken Hulme:

Bob -- that's more info than I got when I posted about the Secret page a month or more back.  How do we Invite people?

In the center under the Everything Dulcimer banner is a box you click on. It says "Invite Members" .

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,124 posts

Bob -- that's more info than I got when I posted about the Secret page a month or more back.  How do we Invite people?

Bob
Bob
@bob
5 years ago
86 posts

Strumelia:

Unfortunately it seems the ED facebook group continues to be secret/hidden from public view. It's been almost two months now.  tumbleweed

Strumelia, I posted this concern as a new topic there today and got several responses: if anyone is in FB, a member can invite them.

updated by @bob: 07/28/19 01:00:48PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,253 posts

Unfortunately it seems the ED facebook group continues to be secret/hidden from public view. It's been almost two months now.  tumbleweed

--
Site Owner

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,124 posts

I raised a "stink" on the page this afternoon, when I noticed that it wasn't set to Private or even Closed.  Instead it was set to Secret!!!!  Now 30 or more page members have responded one way or another, and hopefully the Admin will wake up!

Bob
Bob
@bob
5 years ago
86 posts

There are several other Facebook Dulcimer groups, if you are interested:

"Mountain Dulcimer Players", "Support the Mountain Dulcimer an American Instrument" and "Mountain Dulcimer" are Public Groups.

"Discovering Dulcimers", "Lets Make Dulcimers", "Noter Style Dulcimer Players", are Closed Groups but you can ask to join.

These are very nice groups and very informative, and you could probably find many others as well!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,253 posts

Yeah I'm not sure why it's taking so long.

--
Site Owner

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,124 posts

Facebook pages are subject to privatization/going public.  Facebook itself has arbitrarily changed some Group pages without notice, and is taking their own sweet time to rectify the situation.  If you Join a page you'll always be able to see it.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,253 posts

The site is supposed to go visible/public again in another week or two, as Dusty said.

--
Site Owner

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
5 years ago
1,727 posts

@Adrian-E, my understanding is that the site has gone "private" but will be made public again within a few weeks.  Members still have access but it is not open to the public and cannot accept new members while in private mode.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 06/24/19 02:16:16AM