A.W. Jeffreys with unique carved headstock

strumandorpick
@strumandorpick
7 months ago
9 posts

Wonderful! I hope you have a great time playing!

Chris_s
Chris_s
@chris-s
7 months ago
4 posts

The dulcimer arrived safely yesterday.  I allowed time for acclimation, strung her up, rough tuned and strummed away for a few minutes.  Then I set her down while I went to do a couple of things around the house.  When I picked her up again I tuned in a little better and have been playing ever since.  This may be my over-active imagination but it seems to me that the more strumming and picking I do the sweeter she sings AND the deeper and richer the color appears.  Anyway, I intend to derive much enjoyment from this diminutive little beauty.  Thanks Frank!

Chris_s
Chris_s
@chris-s
7 months ago
4 posts

Yes I am in the continental US. So how do we proceed?

strumandorpick
@strumandorpick
7 months ago
9 posts

Yes - assuming you're in the continental US, $450 including shipping would be OK.

Chris_s
Chris_s
@chris-s
7 months ago
4 posts

If you can let go for $450.00 including shipping I’d do my best to reawaken or enliven the soul.

strumandorpick
@strumandorpick
7 months ago
9 posts

Yes, it is still available.

Chris_s
Chris_s
@chris-s
7 months ago
4 posts

Hello.  Is this unique dulcimer still available?  I am definitely interested.

strumandorpick
@strumandorpick
last year
9 posts

Just moving it along. It is nice, but I have a Tom Yocky dulcimer that is pretty much my go-to.

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
last year
234 posts

A very unique dulcimer. Why are you selling it?

strumandorpick
@strumandorpick
last year
9 posts

Serial number 993, which I am told indicates 1967. Walnut top, back, and sides. Very traditional in style - friction tuners, no half frets - and in sound. The very nicely carved log cabin on the headstock is unique as far as I know. Excellent condition EDIT - the white thing at the nut is a scrap of paper. How it got there, and how I missed it when taking the photo I don't know. I have since removed it, see photo.

$425 plus shipping (continental US only) or free local pickup (downtown Evanston Illinois)

jeffreys dulcimer.jpg

jeffreys cabin1.jpg
jeffreys cabin1.jpg  •  178KB

jeffreys cabin2.jpg
jeffreys cabin2.jpg  •  210KB

jd label resized.jpg
jd label resized.jpg  •  110KB

jd top close resized.jpg

jd back resized.jpg
jd back resized.jpg  •  180KB

JD nut CU resized.jpg

updated by @strumandorpick: 04/10/23 04:23:13PM