Ten Minute Marmalade
3 Oranges, or 1 Lemon +1 Lime +1 Orange, or 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit or equivalent citrus fruit of any kind
1+ cups Sugar (not Brown - affects the taste, or Confectioner's)
Microwave safe glass bowl (not plastic -- trust me)
Pint Screw-Top Jar
- Chop the fruit into finger tip sized chunks, and put in in the Food processor -- skin, pith, seeds -- everything.
- Take the fruit for a spin until it sort looks like marmalade -- small pieces of skin in the puree
- Measure the fruit into a microwave safe glass bowl.
- Cup for cup, add the same amount of sugar, and stir to combine.
If it seems too thick/dry add a bit of water. Too tart add more sugar. Too sweet add some pureed lemon.
- Microwave on High for 5 minutes. Taste. Change sweet/tart if need be. Microwave an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladle into a pint screw-top jar. Let it cool on the counter, to room temp, before lidding and refrigerating.
- Will last in the fridge 6 months or until you finish it, whichever comes first!