Florida friends

marg
@marg
2 years ago
536 posts

Thank you for the up-date on Tampa.

Harvey aftereffects are both sad & heartwarming. So many people helping out each other, an army of 'good' neighbors from all over.

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
2 years ago
106 posts

Hi Marg.........Tampa got hit fairly hard and as you know had massive power outages, but from what I have been told missed a lot of the grim expectations that were being voiced.   Tampa is expected to have pretty much all of her power restored by Sunday.....the utility men and women are working long hard hours and if it is like here there is an army of them out and about so don't be surprised if things go faster then expected.  Glad you are helping out in the Houston area, since folk usually just sort of let things slide after a week or so.   I know I keep harping on stuff like food and all that, but it boggles my mind to see how many folk go tsk, tsk and wait for someone else to do the hard stuff.  These storms are a call to, "all hands on deck".  My hats off to you and everyone else who lends a hand............besides the good book tells us to do just that, feed 'em and not to grade 'em.  Hope all is well with your sister...........if I can garner any info tomorrow I'll drop you a note asap.

marg
@marg
2 years ago
536 posts

salt springs,

Have you hear how tampa is doing with their power, my sister is there & have not hear from her since the morning after the storm past, she was ok & was going to try & head home later that afternoon to check on things. I'm thinking she must still be out of power.

Glad you are well, I am north of Houston & we have been busy helping out after Harvey. 100 loves of bread is marvelous, good going.

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
2 years ago
106 posts

Everything here in SS is coming back to normal for most folk...........lot's of people out in the Forest have no power and some have had some serious damage done to their homes.  I was able to round up food, mostly bread and the like for one church and had a shop owner give me about a 100 loaves of fresh baked bread loaves, which I delivered this evening to a soup kitchen in Interlachen. A true blessing so to do since they had none to give out and most groceries around here have none. I told the shop owner who gave me the bread that he would be blessed for that gift.  He said he wanted to help and even though his business was without power he was in a the hurt locker.   Fifteen minutes later his power was restored and customers started flocking to his store.   Coincidence?  Mike's shop is back on track, I found a place to buy a tank of gas and got food out to a bunch of folk.............damage, phooey, ......it's just stuff and like most folk I have more than I'll ever need.

For those down in the Florida Keys, the situation is so different..........may they be given comfort, strength and peace.

updated by @salt-springs: 09/13/17 10:47:04PM
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
823 posts

So good to hear folks have fared okay!  I'm hoping to hear how more of our FL friends are doing. 

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
2 years ago
434 posts

For those who know Guy and Sherrie George, they came through OK, too.

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Kusani
Kusani
@kusani
2 years ago
110 posts

Good to hear all the way around. :)

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
2 years ago
538 posts

Bing Futch reported that he and Jae made it through the storm with no major damage. Mostly just some water behind the house and lots of branches down. He's on his way to Winfield, Kansas.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

marg
@marg
2 years ago
536 posts

So good to hear, have a nice time till your return

Thanks for letting us know

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
2 years ago
1,483 posts

I spent  the storm  hunkered  down  in a pub in Findoch Scotland with  Sally and  our  Border friends . Neighbors  tell  us  no damage  at home, just  wind blown trash!  Will  be home  next week .

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
2 years ago
263 posts

Seem to remember that recently Ken posted that he was about to visit Scotland ?

marg
@marg
2 years ago
536 posts

I think ken is down in Fort Myers, FL. I posted before the storm but no replies yet. All our members from Fla. I hope you were safe & not too much damage.

Annie Deeley
Annie Deeley
@annie-deeley
2 years ago
57 posts

Me too.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
823 posts

Thinking of you and hoping all are safe! 

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!

updated by @robin-thompson: 01/13/19 05:09:18PM