Multiple weather events impacting the USA Sept 12 2018

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one week ago
1,848 posts

I hope everyone in the flooded areas due to Florence is staying safe and out of harm's way.  Looks like it's going to be a long and severe siege of flooding.  

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 09/16/18 05:38:12PM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
one week ago
1,024 posts

Stay safe everyone. Protect yourselves, your families, your pets, and your dulcimers!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
one week ago
976 posts

My heart is with all whose lives are made more difficult by catastrophic weather!  I hope music can, perhaps, provide a balm to spirits. 

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
IRENE
IRENE
@irene
2 weeks ago
97 posts

ohhhhhhhhhhh. where ever you go, TAKE THOSE DULCIMERS WITH YOU and help sooth those in the Shelters.  (and you) Take care and watch out for one another.   The rest of us will be praying for  you...and as I live on the grand Mississippi river....it is quite high, but not flooding stages YET.   aloha, irene

Lisa Golladay
Lisa Golladay
@lisa-golladay
2 weeks ago
100 posts

Shelter from wind; run from water.  If you are in a place that may experience storm surge or flash flooding, please evacuate to higher ground. 

https://www.wunderground.com/prepare/storm-surge

That "keep an ax in the attic" advice is all well and good, but better you shouldn't need to use it!

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
2 weeks ago
609 posts

Here in central Pennsylvania it seems as if we have had constant rain all summer. Much of building activity is curtailed at the moment as I have a smaller stream of water running through my cellar shop. No matter where I try to stand I'm standing in water. It isn't deep, maybe a quarter inch at most, but I don't want to run any power tools while standing in it. My luthier friend's shop is out of commission at the moment as he has three inches of standing water. He pumps it out, but it fills up almost immediately. So far only minor flooding here. It's raining now and probably all day tomorrow. Not sure what's coming after that. Take care everyone and be safe.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
2 weeks ago
440 posts

I know a lot of dulcimer friends in the SE will be feeling the effects of Hurricane Florence in the upcoming week and longer--and not just the SE, but inland, too with much flooding. The track of this hurricane once it makes landfall, is uncertain with some models showing impacts in states along the Great Lakes and on up into the NE.  Many of these states have just seen flooding from Hurricane Gordon; the ground is saturated.  The Gulf Coast states and Hawaii are facing the same challenges, just with differently named storms.  So heads up, folks, and if you're in a hard hit area and come through OK, you might want to let us know here. 

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke