Moving to Southern Virginia

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 weeks ago
976 posts

A dulcimer-builder colony?!?! You'll need testers for all the dulcimers before shipment. dulcimer1

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
Bob
Bob
@bob
4 weeks ago
102 posts

John C. Knopf:

Bob, I've been thinking in that direction myself, lately.  

Looks like a wonderful area of the country, with nice folks who actually know what a dulcimer is!

Wonderful John- If and when you do move out that way maybe we could start a dulcimer-builder colony :-)

Bob
Bob
@bob
4 weeks ago
102 posts

Robin Thompson:

It's pretty country, Bob, and you'll be able to soak-in that Galax vibe.  :)

It is beautiful and the mountains call...

Bob
Bob
@bob
4 weeks ago
102 posts

Richard Streib:

That is great Bob. I wish you the best in finding just the right place for you and your family. That area is a great area with super friendly folks. And a lot of them know what a dulcimer is!

Thank you Richard!!

Bob
Bob
@bob
4 weeks ago
102 posts

Ken Longfield:

New Jersey's loss is Virginia's gain. Posted from someone who grew up in New Jersey, but moved to Pennsylvania 37 years ago. There were a lot of places I lived in between NJ and PA and one of them was Virginia.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

When we moved here (from Pennsylvania) ten years ago, this area had so many open fields and so many farms. Now it barely looks the same. Some folks love 'development'. Not us.

Yes, southern Virginia looks like lovely country. I think we will fit in nicely :-)

Bob
Bob
@bob
4 weeks ago
102 posts

IRENE:

lucky folks that have your family as neighbors. I understand that it's beautiful country there.   Pray for where you'll be needed the most and you'll find the right spot for your family and your business of building dulcimer.   aloha, irene

Thank you so much Irene!

Bob
Bob
@bob
4 weeks ago
102 posts

Steven Berger:

Good luck in your search, Bob...I'm sure you'll find something that suits your needs! Maybe some Galax-style dulcimer builds are in your future?winker .....Another Jersey ex-pat in the making!

Thank you Steven! Looking forward to what the future holds !

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
4 weeks ago
127 posts

That is great Bob. I wish you the best in finding just the right place for you and your family. That area is a great area with super friendly folks. And a lot of them know what a dulcimer is!

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
one month ago
192 posts

Bob, I've been thinking in that direction myself, lately.  

Looks like a wonderful area of the country, with nice folks who actually know what a dulcimer is!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
one month ago
976 posts

It's pretty country, Bob, and you'll be able to soak-in that Galax vibe.  :)

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
one month ago
620 posts

New Jersey's loss is Virginia's gain. Posted from someone who grew up in New Jersey, but moved to Pennsylvania 37 years ago. There were a lot of places I lived in between NJ and PA and one of them was Virginia.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

IRENE
IRENE
@irene
one month ago
125 posts

lucky folks that have your family as neighbors. I understand that it's beautiful country there.   Pray for where you'll be needed the most and you'll find the right spot for your family and your business of building dulcimer.   aloha, irene

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
one month ago
114 posts

Good luck in your search, Bob...I'm sure you'll find something that suits your needs! Maybe some Galax-style dulcimer builds are in your future?winker .....Another Jersey ex-pat in the making!

Bob
Bob
@bob
one month ago
102 posts

Hi friends,

Our family is going for a short visit to Carroll County, Virginia ) this week. We'll be driving down and meeting with a local Realtor there to get a feel of the area and see some homes we have been looking at on-line. (We need a 3+ bedroom/2 bathroom, +/- 2000 sq ft with a garage or outbuilding suitable for my shop and 1+ acres). Ready and looking to move in the very near future (before the summer). This will be the first of several expeditions!

Suggestions from friends here who may be familiar with Carroll County Virginia (Galax, Woodlawn, Fancy Gap, Pipers Gap, and so on) would be really helpful!

Thanks!

updated by @bob: 10/14/19 09:14:05AM