mountain dulcimer workshops, city of Raleigh NC

Joan
Joan
@joan
one month ago
1 posts

Hello Everyone,                                                           At Sertoma Arts Center off of Millbrook Rd. Raleigh NC

I am attempting to spread the word on two workshops for mountain dulcimer I will be teaching for the City of Raleigh this September.  I am asking for you to get the word out there for me as I am new to this and I don't do the social media thing...at least not yet.  These courses are listed in the Leisure Ledger for September-December 2021 under social (p.63) because they no longer have a music section per say. That is how a lot of dulcimer players will miss it.   Also, you will find them on the internet under at www.raleighnc.gov, also Instagram.com/raleighparks, YouTube.com/raleighparksandrec, on Twitter as @raleighparks, pinterest.com/raleighparks and last but not least the famous facebook at facebook.com/raleighparks.  Here is the detailed information:

2 full day workshops as separate classes each at $45.00  September 3, 2021 9:30am-12:30pm, however, a jam is afterwards and additional class instruction is extended for the afternoon if needed. We will have the room all day so we can enjoy a jam indoors or out.  Bring a chair but leave it in the car because we may decide to stay put inside. Bring your lunch.  This particular class is intermediate teaching hammer on and pull off and slide techniques inspired from the basic tab "Spotted Pony" from Stephen Seifert's Join the Jam Book DAD and his Join the Jam Harmony edition from which I have elevated it with an easy finger picking technique.

The second class is September 22 9:30 - 4:00 pm Ode to Joy from Maureen Sellers tab. The I have constructed an elevated tab version that sounds so good and is very simple to play because you keep a basic cord position and just slide up and down while doing my easy finger picking technique.  I will also include some Jam time.  

Please know that I have been vaccinated and will still wear a KN95 mask while we all practice social distancing wearing masks.  We can also go outside and shed the masks unless mandated to wear them outdoors.  

Because the class is listed under social and not music I am concerned that many won't discover this workshop unless you help spread the word.   I appreciate your support.  I hope to see a lot of you there.  Take care, stay safe, wash your hands and don't touch your face!

Joan Burroughs

Dulcimerologist