Musical Human Chain against the war in the Ukraine

marg
@marg
2 months ago
582 posts

Beautiful project done with love, I was so glad I was able to be a part of it. If only our Musical Hugs could reach all who need a hug -

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 months ago
2,077 posts

What a beautiful project, Ariane. Thank you.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 months ago
1,326 posts

Ariane, I have just finished watching the video-- you put the pieces together beautifully!  It was a privilege for Mark & me to be part of this project for peace, for standing for peace.  Thank you for making our participation and that of all participants possible in this most worthy endeavor.

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
2 months ago
50 posts

This is the online Musical Human Chain against the brutal Russian war in Ukraine.

21 musicians from Canada, Germany, UK and USA (from dulcimer and ukulele facebook groups) are sending their hopes for safety and peace with their music played on mountain dulcimer, hammered dulcimer, ukulele and bowed psaltery.

Many thanks to all the participants (in chronological order of the video):

Michael Helfen

Tallon Chalmers

Carolyn Smith

Rainer Dohmen

Sharon Eastvold

Erin Hussey

Gerald & Enrico

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
2 months ago
50 posts

That's great, dear Robin and Mark - I am very happy that you are participating. bighug

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 months ago
1,326 posts

Each of us in our own little ways can be peace in the world.  This is a beautiful idea, @ariane , and Mark and I wish to be part of the project.  

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
2 months ago
50 posts

Hello to you all,

let's build an online humain chain against war with our music!

My first thought in the morning is the Russian war in Ukraine and my last thought in the night - it is incredible that this cruel and brutal war is taking place in the middle of Europe.

If you like to be one of the chain links please send me your music (original or public domain music, audio or video) per private message - I will place one after the other into our online musical humain chain and upload it to our relevant facebook music groups and forums.

I suggest that the recording should be not longer than 1-2 minutes - you can play your instrument and/or sing and/or speak.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Here you can hear my musical chain link:

So far we will be 12 "chain links" in our musical human chain - so far our hands are connected from Canada to Germany to UK and to the USA - it would be great to see our chain getting longer and longer...

Best wishes from Germany

Ariane