We are experiencing Chat program issues

Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
4 days ago
502 posts

Thanks for the update Lisa. I am happy with Jamroom chat. I am having fun learning how to get around in it.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Strumelia
@strumelia
4 days ago
1,732 posts

Hi everyone,

Well, Cometchat people refuse to help update their chat program to our site's new secure SSL/https status, without forcing me to buy another $150 tech support renewal and version update from them.  It will no longer function without the tech support and SSL update, which i really felt was their responsibility.  So....

Adios Cometchat!  bananawave

FOTMD will now be using Jamroom's own chat feature, which is fully supported and kept updated at NO extra cost to us.  Jamroom Team support is simply the best out there.

Perhaps you've stopped into our new Jamroom Chat room over the past couple of days already.  We'll be staying with this new chat program now.  There are a few additional improvements and features that Jim Fawcett and I will be discussing over time to get implemented in the chat program, which will make it even better.  Don't be afraid to click around while you're in there and you'll see where how things work in it.  Just be sure not to press that red button that says "Vaporize FOTMD".  ROTFL  poke

Thanks for being adaptable to positive changes!  hi5

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 04/24/17 06:17:52PM
Strumelia
@strumelia
one week ago
1,732 posts

I have activated the Jamroom version of chat while I'm waiting for Cometchat to tell me whether they will fix up our old chat to be https compliant, without my having to buy more tech support from them.

I'll have to turn OFF the Jamroom chat for the nightime tonight, starting around 9pm... just in case a Cometchat tech needs to log in to adjust some chat code.  I'll know more in the morning folks.  Thanks for your patience!

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
@strumelia
one week ago
1,732 posts

Update and more info-

our chat for the past two years has been provided not by Jamroom, but by a 3rd party outfit, CometChat. (2 years ago Jamroom did not have a chat program yet, thus i used a 3rd party chat).  Apparently my 2yr old Cometchat version won't show up for our newly updated https/ssl compliant site status.  (see the little green lock icon in the top url window which now indicates fotmd is a 'secure' site?- that was updated yesterday and is great)

Anyway, Cometchat tech support apparently wont help me get the chat SSL compliant unless I buy another 1 year tech support coverage, for like $150.  This is all complicated by the fact that they are in India and I have to file my ticket post and then wait overnight while they reply to me at around 3am US time.  krazyhair

To be frank, I'm not inclined to pay them another $150 just to get them to do this basic online update tweak  ....when Jamroom now offers their own chat program which we can use for free, and it's already https-compatible.

I told Comechat that if they didn't help with this that I would no longer be a customer.  Hoping they will buckle and make it work again without demanding I buy another license renewal.  Won't know their response till saturday morning maybe.  But I have the Jamroom chat to activate if necessary, and I know it works.

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 04/21/17 11:22:23AM
Benjamin W Barr Jr
@benjamin-w-barr-jr
one week ago
65 posts

Thanks!  I was wondering what happened and thought it was something on my end.

Strumelia
@strumelia
one week ago
1,732 posts

Sorry folks, we are having a problem with our FOTMD chat program.

It's not your computer's fault !  nerd2

We'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible.  Very sorry!

yaktalk

--
Site Owner