Posts are refreshing on home page?

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 weeks ago
1,783 posts

Hi there. I guess you mean the activity feed on the main page loads slowly? When you say the posts are not refreshing, but then you say they slowly come up- I have to assume you mean they are loading or refreshing slowly.

This 'loading slowly' issue sounds like a problem with your browser.  But let's start here: If your ipad is brand new, it likely has not been updated in a couple of months since leaving the factory- first make sure your iOS software is updated. Then check to see if your browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox?) has any updates to apply. Once your browser is up to date, completely shut down the ipad and restart. This will force-clear the browser's cache.

I have a very old ipad and this is not happening to me.  I'm thinking this issue is due to something or some setting with your device. Content loading slowly does not have to do with fotmd's software...it's almost always a browser issue. Check your browser settings to make sure they are settings permissions the way you want and that the browser has all updates. And do go to the App store and make sure to 'update' all apps you have installed.

Let me know here if it's still happening after you do all that. 

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 06/05/20 09:04:15AM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
4 weeks ago
1,267 posts

@Silverstrings, I personally do not seem to have the problem you are describing, but I don't have an iPad.  Things are working correctly on my laptop and my Android phone. 

When you say "posts are not refreshing," do you mean recent posts are not showing up? When you refer to "the post section" do you mean the comment box or the existing posts?

Unfortunately, Strumelia may not be able to get on for several hours, and she would be the best one to troubleshoot this stuff.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Silverstrings
Silverstrings
@silverstrings
4 weeks ago
36 posts

I have a new iPad Air and the posts are not refreshing on the home page. The post section stays blank and  then slowly comes up. I don’t have this problem on other sites. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks