Nonsuch Annual Dulcimer Weekend, Launde Abbey
Just a reminder to our UK and European MD players that early booking prices for the 2014 dulcimer weekend 24th-26th October at Launde Abbey, Leicestershire, close this Friday.
This is THE premier UK dulcimer event:
- workshops for all abilities and styles, led by experienced tutors - this year Robin Clark and Duncan Gibbs for MD
- plenty of informal opportunities to play in groups and sessions
- tutors showcase concert and Saturday night come-all-ye concert
- friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- all accommodation and meals provided
- AND all in the breathtaking rural Leicestershire setting of a medieval abbey/country house.
Butch Ross (USA) and the late Matt Fox (UK) performing at the tutors concert, Launde 2012
The weekend will follow an informal approach, with the emphasis on learning from and helping each other. Workshops are programmed all weekend with a variety of tutors, aimed at varying levels of ability from Beginner to Advanced. The programme takes its lead from those who attend. A questionnaire is included on the booking form for attendees to express what they want to get out of the weekend, and what they can contribute.
Our three main guest tutors will perform a short concert in the Chapel on Saturday, followed by an after dinner come-all-ye concert by members of the course. The evening usually ends with a communal dance, attendees choosing to join the house band or dance.
There is the chance to meet and exchange ideas with dulcimer players from all over Britain and beyond in 2013, Launde was pleased to welcome players from Germany, Belgium and Holland. Above all, there is the very special Nonsuch atmosphere.