8 years ago
259 posts

Sng4prt, The tall leg is 29" long. 

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
8 years ago
259 posts

Sng4prt, I bought the stand online. I forget where, but it was one of the main suppliers... Then I removed the cloth that came with it and used it as a pattern and sewed up some leftover material I had made curtains from. It's nice and thick. I hope this helps

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
8 years ago
259 posts

I like them both. I really like the solid surface on the folding stand. Like a portable table!

Norman Arrington
Norman Arrington
@norman-arrington
8 years ago
4 posts

Kandee

The folding stand is very light. I fling the strap over my shoulder and I am on my way. It amazes me what kids can do if you give them a direction and responsibilities.

Kandee
Kandee
@kandee
8 years ago
25 posts

Norman, those are beautiful music stands.  I especially like the second one.  Is it heavy?

Norman Arrington
Norman Arrington
@norman-arrington
8 years ago
4 posts

I found some high school shop students that needed a project for a class grade. I gave them a rough sketch of the "house" stand and the portable folding stand. This was the results.

Rev. Wayne McAllister
Rev. Wayne McAllister
@rev-wayne-mcallister
8 years ago
17 posts

Sheryl, TKS for your pics. I am currently building new stands (from reclaimed pallets) one for me (dulcimer) and one for my wife (autoharp). Needless to say Sharon already has a plan for the covers. GREAT project for a snowy daythumbsup

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
8 years ago
259 posts

sanstew:
I use an IPAD for my music so I have a stand made for it. 

Interesting, can you share a photo of your stand with us? 

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
8 years ago
259 posts

Thanks Kandee! I sew, but I don't quilt. Please share a photo of yours when you are done creating. I don't have any trouble finding my stand when coming back from a break at a workshop, and I think it's fun to be different. 

Kandee
Kandee
@kandee
8 years ago
25 posts

Sheryl your stand is great!  Two stands caught my eye this past weekend at KMW.  One had a big quilt block and the other a tapestry fabric.  I definitely need to come up with something creative for mine since I am also a quilter.  Thanks for the inspiration. thumbsup

Kusani
Kusani
@kusani
8 years ago
134 posts

And being a novice, I am interested in seeing pics of various stands, tables, players use.  I am finding a stand, table, much easier than playing in my lap. 

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
9 years ago
259 posts

We often share photos of our dulcimers, but our overworked music stands seem to go un-noticed. I recently 'upgraded' the fabric on my music stand with leftover fabric from curtains I made last year. That got me thinking, do others do this too ? Do you have a 'skirt' for your stand? Did you make your own stand, or buy one from one of the few mountain dulcimer music stand suppliers? Please share your photos, and story, and let's give thanks to this support accessory. 

updated by @sheryl-st-clare: 08/01/23 05:38:13AM