Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts

I too have the church size and recommend it strongly. It is cherry and rich and full sounding for its size.

The dulcimer is designed to be "carry on" luggage and I've had no problems with airlines.

Susie
Susie
@susie
10 years ago
500 posts

I have the church-style. When I was trying to decide, Mike Clemmer strongly suggested the church-style. He said it would give more volume and sustain than the regular model. He said he mostly makes the church-style. GIven their size, you lose volume, so I'd suggest getting the most you can with the church-style. The added depth for travel is not an issue. I wouldn't even consider the regular model. I went with sassafras/walnut. It has a great tone and sustain. Fun to play.

sandra hehl
sandra hehl
@sandra-hehl
10 years ago
9 posts
Are you satisfied with your dulcimer? Does it have the sound that you were hoping for? What woods did you use? Please describe it, woods fretboard and sound holes. Thanks
Ruth Lawrence
Ruth Lawrence
@ruth-lawrence
10 years ago
41 posts

I have a Sweetie with the church body. Frankly it's a2 inch deep body - which doesn't make it that biggeroverall size wise.I believe the church body is the standard make - so why go for the shallower modelif the builder ispreferring to make the church body? Go for it, a little extra resonance never hurt.

sandra hehl
sandra hehl
@sandra-hehl
10 years ago
9 posts
Does anyone have this dulcimer? Do you know the difference in sound and volume between the sweetie and the sweetie church style. I am looking for a small dulcimer to take when traveling so am trying to decide whether I need the volume from the church style or not. I would not be playing other than for myself as I have several full size dulcimers that I would use when playing with a group. Thanks for any imput.
updated by @sandra-hehl: 06/08/16 09:24:05PM