Conversation with Tony Gillam

Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
5 years ago
24 posts

Robin Thompson:

Thanks for this interview-- I had familiarity with neither Tony nor his music!  Also, Tony mentions Kim Lowings and I know she has been a member here at FOTMD though am not sure whether she still has a page here or not.  The Appalachian dulcimer is alive and well far from the Appalachians!  :)  

It is still quite an unusual instrument to see and hear in the UK @robin-thompson , but we are trying hard to get it heard!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
1,414 posts

Thanks for this interview-- I had familiarity with neither Tony nor his music!  Also, Tony mentions Kim Lowings and I know she has been a member here at FOTMD though am not sure whether she still has a page here or not.  The Appalachian dulcimer is alive and well far from the Appalachians!  :)  

updated by @robin-thompson: 09/23/19 12:24:52PM
Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
5 years ago
24 posts

Continuing my series of conversations with dulcimer players, here's a chat I had with Tony Gillam - how he first bought an upside-down French dulcimer; how he likes to play unexpected tunes; and about his music for well-being sessions. 

https://mdconversations.blogspot.com/2019/09/7-tony-gillam-from-worcestershire-uk.html