4 years ago
24 posts

Ok - thanks @steve-smith

Steve Smith
Steve Smith
@steve-smith
4 years ago
32 posts
Those are my recordings, and usually the lyrics have any info I included in the newsletter where they originally appeared. We have over 30 years of monthly tunes on the website, so it covers lots of different tune topics!

- Steve
Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
4 years ago
24 posts

Thanks @steve-smith - I guess I didn't put a contact on the blog. Oops! Most of the musicians getting involved know my e-mail details anyway. However, for the benefit of anyone on FOTMD who would like to take part please use steve@mandolinking.org.uk.

I'll have a listen to the archive stuff, though I would prefer to have people get in touch with their own recordings or videos and some background info on the songs or tunes. Cheers!

updated by @redmando: 04/05/20 08:48:50AM
Steve Smith
Steve Smith
@steve-smith
4 years ago
32 posts

I don't see a way on the blog site to send you anything (without signing up, I imagine).  If you'd like to use any of these tunes referencing May from our dulcimer club archives, feel free to do so!  All are just dulcimer examples, though, and not sung.

Maypole Dance - Tab

Maypole Dance - Strummed

Barbara Allen - Tab

Barbara Allen - Lyrics

Barbara Allen - Strummed

Boulavogue - Tab

Boulavogue - Lyrics

Boulavogue - Fingerpicked

Mohee - Tab

Mohee - Lyrics

Mohee - Strummed

Nightingale - Tab

Nightingale - Lyrics

Nightingale - Strummed

Young Prince Of Spain - Tab

Young Prince Of Spain - Lyrics

Young PrinceOf Spain - Fingerpicked

Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
4 years ago
24 posts

I particularly love May songs and songs about the Spring. This year I am putting together a blog and a Facebook group to release a song a day during May using any contributions I can get from musician friends.

I am looking for traditional songs or contemporary songs - accompanied (by any instrument, but dulcimer would be nice) or unaccompanied. If you are interested in contributing a song, or just listening, then check out either the blog at cmleplay.blogspot.com or search on Facebook for CMLE Play (Songs For May). Thank you!