John Stockard Dulcimer Banjo For Sale

bdurham
@bdurham
2 weeks ago
1 posts
For Sale: Banjo Dulcimer. This rare dulcimer banjo hybrid is an amazing instrument built by John Stockard, a well-regarded dulcimer builder from Georgia who passed away almost a decade ago. John was a high-end builder, and his instruments were coveted by many. His workmanship shows in this instrument. This dulcimer is made of walnut with a full banjo head/rim, beautiful dark ebony chromatic fretboard, mother of pearl accents and gold tuners. It also has not been played, so there is no fret wear. It comes with a Superior brand padded banjo gig bag. It has four tuners that accommodate double melody strings, or can be set up with just three strings. It is tuned like any other dulcimer and is set up to play in your lap, not upright like a banjo. The neck is bigger around than a regular banjo so it's weighted nicely to play in your lap.  It is NOT a regular banjo, it is intended to be played like a dulcimer!  It IS a dulcimer, even though it has a long neck.  It does have superior build quality and features over other available banjo-dulcimer hybrids, IMHO.  I am the original owner, and I'm only selling because I'm not using it as I decided to take up clawhammer banjo.  It has been sitting in my closet unplayed and deserves to be played.

Beautiful, rich sound. Sound clip at :

Selling for $750 or best offer, buyer pays packing/shipping if needed. Pickup location is Orlando, FL, however, I will also be traveling to Floyd, VA several times over the summer.

Contact Barbara Durham at red2dogs@aol.com.

BJ_front.jpeg

BJ_head.jpeg

PotBack.jpeg

(foam is just inserted to enhance sound, can be removed. Open back banjo players typically put something under the rim when playing, so this follows that tradition. Can be removed and replaced with something else)

BJ_Side.jpeg

BJ_SideHead.jpeg

JSSignature.jpeg

Case.jpeg

IMG_5039.jpeg

updated by @bdurham: 04/18/24 08:05:45PM