Ruth Lawrence
Ruth Lawrence
@ruth-lawrence
10 years ago
41 posts

I bought the Sweetie that was just posted for sale here. It arrives Monday. I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts

I have a used cherry top church style/size and really enjoy it. In my opinion (dodging flying rocks and bottles) it is nicer than any Ginger I have heard or played. Absolutely no disrespect intended toward McSpadden which I regard as a very fine manufacturer! I just like the sweetie.

Susie
Susie
@susie
10 years ago
500 posts

When I was considering the same thing, I called and talked to Mike Clemmer. Hereallyrecommended theChurch style, because he saidI'd be happier with the sound, volume and sustain. He doesn't make very many of the non-Church, because most people order the Church model.So, the decision is yours, but that's what I was told and why I ended up going with theChurch. If you can swing it financially, I'd go with theChurch.

Maryann Lang said:

Hi Susie, very pretty wood grain, I will have to decide between the regular and churxh model - money is a factor but I also want a nice sound.

Susie
Susie
@susie
10 years ago
500 posts

This is exactly what I have....sassafras top, walnut sides. I went with the church style, which is a deeper body for more volume and better sound. It still isn't as loud as a full-sized dulcimer, but the sustain is really good for a small dulcimer. I really like my Clemmer Sweetie for travel and when I want a smaller dulcimer, sitting on the couch. IMHO, I think you would like it.

Here's a pictureof mine with the sassafras top: