2 months ago
18 posts

$1000.00

Dave shattuck
Dave shattuck
@dave-shattuck
2 months ago
18 posts

A beautiful rare Bonnie Carol mountain Dulcimer. Book matched walnut bottom and sides. I believe the top is book matched butternut. Ebony overlay on the fretboard. The sound is beautiful, long sustain, and intonation is right on. Three new D’Addario strings. Set up for double melody or four equidistant strings.  Four gold Schaller tuners. Strap buttons installed. Sound holes and the edges are beveled for a beautifully finished piece. Arched fretboard. 

I rated it as Reverb.com would:

“EXCELLENT

When an item has been used, but only has minor cosmetic defects, this can be considered Excellent. Minor surface level scratches, such as pick marks from regular use, would qualify.”

Bonnie no longer makes dulcimers so the rarity just went up. New this would have been  around $1700.00 plus the fitted case at $110.00. 

If you need references go to Everything Dulcimer group on facebook and ask. 

Those that know me will tell you my two favorite luthiers are Bonnie Carol and John Stockard. I just bought a rare John Stockard teardrop and I’m not of the mindset to have more than one at a time. If I could afford to keep both I would never sell this one. 

IMG_2310.jpeg
IMG_2310.jpeg  •  416KB

IMG_2311.jpeg
IMG_2311.jpeg  •  447KB

IMG_2314.jpeg
IMG_2314.jpeg  •  162KB

IMG_2315.jpeg
IMG_2315.jpeg  •  253KB