Dulcimer Celebration

Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
9 years ago
70 posts

Jan, I'll have to check out Nina's Facebook page and look for the pictures.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
9 years ago
1,426 posts

It sounds like a great time was had by y'all had there in NC!  Friends, food, and good music are all tops in my book. :)

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
9 years ago
400 posts

I had a lot of fun, too, Gail--just wish I had been able to jam more!  Nina Zanetti posted a lot of great photos of this event on facebook, I believe.  I really love getting to know these instructors better!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
9 years ago
70 posts

I attended the Dulcimer Celebration week at John C Campbell Folk School in Brasstown, NC last week.  We had wonderful instructors for the week - Ann Lough, Nina Zanetti, Bonnie Carol and Rob Brereton.  It was great fun and I feel that I truly learned a lot.  We had instruction in the mornings and got together as a large group (both mountain and hammered dulcimers) in the afternoon and worked on some pieces with multiple parts.    We performed some of these on Friday morning.  We had jams in the evenings that were a lot of fun.  JCC is in such a beautiful mountain setting and the food is wonderful.  I hope I am able to attend this again next year!