Christmas In July video idea

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
10 years ago
87 posts

Just wanted to bump this to the top and remind people of my Christmas In July video idea, of people posting Holiday music in the month of July.

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
10 years ago
87 posts

Even if we wind up doing the same songs, we all have our own ways of playing and tuning. I'm for sure going to start working up Silent Night, and the US version of Away In A Manger.

Trevor Boyd
Trevor Boyd
@trevor-boyd
10 years ago
4 posts

I think this is a great idea - Christmas music o too good to be confined to December - or is that November, October, September ...

I look forward to hearing the contributions.

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
10 years ago
399 posts

I think this is a great idea, James. I might even be inspired to sort of sing/hum along as I play...not as a "performance", as such, but much like you would hear if I thought you were busy in the next room and not listening to me as I noodled around on some Christmas tunes. I'm already making a list and checking it twice.....Smile.gif

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
10 years ago
87 posts

lol John Henry

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
10 years ago
258 posts

Dang me James, I have only just managed to find time toput the Christmas 'stuff' back up in the loft, do I have to get it all down again !!!

John

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
10 years ago
87 posts

I had an idea, and I wanted to get this out early, so we could all maybe work up something to do. I had this idea that maybe we could do a Christmas in July group of videos to post. Christmas in July is something I remember doing years ago at the church I used to go to, as it was to remind us of the Holiday spirit year round, and I thought it could be something we as a site could do video wise. Anyone else game for this idea?

updated by @james-phillips: 08/01/23 08:45:26PM