Interesting Dulcimer on ebay

Scott Collier
Scott Collier
@scott-collier
9 years ago
14 posts

Hey thanks guys! Kevin, I assume the shape and dimensions were to help in volume over singers? I still like it and will keep an eye on it.

Kevin Messenger
Kevin Messenger
@kevin-messenger
9 years ago
86 posts

Scott, looks like a church dulcimer, many had this shape and were 6 string, deep bodies. They were also set up as many baritone dulcimers were , with a little heavier strings. for instance 12 12 12 18 25 35. Not saying this one could use that string set up ,but, it looks like a church style dulcimer to me.

Dan Goad
Dan Goad
@dan-goad
9 years ago
155 posts

The VSL is quite long at 29". That's ok if you have big hands but if not, it's a big stretch to move more than on fret. Price isn't bad at all but I wouldn't go to high. I'm not aquainted with the maker at all. I have small hands and skinny fingers and can't do Chord/Melody on a 6 string. I have enough trouble with 4 strings. LOL

Scott Collier
Scott Collier
@scott-collier
9 years ago
14 posts

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted but I saw this dulcimer on ebay and I'm very interested.

It's by a B J Roth and made in 1973. Just wondering if anyone have heard of this maker and what you all think of the instrument? I asked and it doesn't have any cracking or separating. I'm thinking of bidding. I'd appreciate opinions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121640249711?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

updated by @scott-collier: 06/08/16 09:24:05PM