Conversation with Kendra Ward

Kendra Ward
Kendra Ward
@kendra-ward
5 years ago
10 posts

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the kind words...wow! 

It was quite an honor to be included in the conversations series...I’m humbled. ☺️

Give us a date and we will head to the UK...it’s been too long since we were last there  It’s so awesome to be able to connect better with dulcimer players across the pond. 

Kendra...aka Dulcerina

Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
5 years ago
24 posts

Thanks @susie @robin-thompson and @steven-berger - I would love to meet up with Kendra and Bob and talk dulcimer heritage. Maybe we will persuade them to come over to the UK for a dulcimer festival sometime.

Susie
Susie
@susie
5 years ago
500 posts

Kendra has so much musical history to share and is quite talented. I enjoyed the article, thank you.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
1,415 posts

Kendra is a great player-- of both mountain and hammered dulcimers!  I really enjoyed the interview and photos.  She is a great source of information because it is part of her heritage.  

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
5 years ago
143 posts

Great interview, Redmando! I had the pleasure of meeting Kendra and Bob at the Traditional Dulcimore Gathering in Berea, Ky in May. Kendra brought some of the instruments she talks about...including the courting dulcimer, which she and Bob played. Great memories!

Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
5 years ago
24 posts

I had a lovely conversation with Kendra Ward about dulcimer playing in Appalachia. Kendra kindly let me use some of her great family photographs too:  https://mdconversations.blogspot.com/2019/09/6-kendra-ward-from-appalachian-ohio-usa.html