Paste-on fretboard markers

Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts
UserNo4:

Thank you! I looked at that website, and it looks like it has what I'm looking for. I have two dulcimers that lack inlays, so a sheet of 20 will serve me well.

They will work good for you. They are very thin, so you won't feel them. Happy to help.
UserNo4
UserNo4
@userno4
4 years ago
30 posts

Thank you! I looked at that website, and it looks like it has what I'm looking for. I have two dulcimers that lack inlays, so a sheet of 20 will serve me well.

Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts

I have used those a few times on various instruments. My latest was on a custom Folkcraft dulcimer that had all the fretboard inlays I'm used to, except it didn't have one on the 5th. My eyes are just used to one on the 5th, all my other dulcimers have one there. So I got the white pearl stickers from inlaystickers.com, and put one on the 5th. Can't tell the difference between the inlays and the inlay sticker. 

Go directly to their website for many more choices. Still free shipping. 

updated by @susie: 03/10/20 09:23:00PM
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
4 years ago
2,123 posts

I haven't used them, but a couple of my guitar player friends use them for marking certain chords in unusual tunings.

UserNo4
UserNo4
@userno4
4 years ago
30 posts

I'm enjoying a dulcimer I added to my collection, but I'm a bit thrown by its lack of fretboard markers, which I'm used to.

Have you used something like this and if so, has it been useful? Is there a better alternative? 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PGQYQJY?tag=duckduckgo-brave-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1