kdparker
@kdparker
4 years ago
2 posts

Steve,

I am glad you had a good experience with Cedar Creek.

All of my transactions with Jeremy/Cedar Creek have been great.

They demonstrate true customer focus (and a good product)!

Keith

Steve Denvir
Steve Denvir
@steve-denvir
4 years ago
3 posts

I decided to order from Cedar Creek, and had an experience worth noting.

They sent my order via UPS, and I got a phone call a couple of nights ago, informing me that I was gonna be hit with $60 “importing/brokerage” fees to get it to Canada.

UPS is famous for this, and had I known CC was gonna use them, I’d have said no. USPS ships it to you, hands it off to Canada Post, and if Canada Customs takes an interest, you might get hit with taxes. But “brokerage fees”? No.

i dropped Jeremy at Cedar Creek a note, and he was horrified. They’d chosen UPS because it was supposedly cheaper for me.

He was good enough to rebate me half the UPS cost.

He didn’t have to.

How often do we have a customer experience that it’s worth posting about? I mean, a positive one :-)

Congrats and thank you to Jeremy and everyone else at Cedar Creek.

Steve

kdparker
@kdparker
4 years ago
2 posts

Cedar Creek Dulcimers also makes a very nice selection of kits and the quality is excellent.

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
4 years ago
388 posts

Welcome to the forum, Steve!

I vote for the McSpadden "Sweet Song" hourglass dulcimer kits, as I have assembled several with great results.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
4 years ago
2,123 posts

Depends on the kind of dulcimer you're interested.  Generally speaking Folkcraft and McSpadden kits are very good.  There are a few custom builders like Bobby Ratliff who produce a kit, but they are generally for more specific and specialized kinds of dulcemores.

Steve Denvir
Steve Denvir
@steve-denvir
4 years ago
3 posts

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and new to dulcimers for that matter. But I thought I might enjoy building one.

I’m an experienced guitar builder, but thought I’d start with a kit so I didn’t have to build forms, jigs, etc.

So my question is, who makes the best kits out there? I’m more concerned with quality than cost.

Thanks in advance for your help

steve

denvirguitars.com