McSpadden 26" VSl: Has anyone played one??

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Van, thanks for your input....I think it will be a perfect fit for me. I Love the way the scroll looks....but functionally its just not quite as easy as the flat head on my MMD. When I talked to Sue at McSpadden she said they were getting very popular and she had just sold two others before I called. I'm wondering if eventually smaller scales will be the most common dulcimers?

CJ

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Sarah!! I saw that one....so cute!

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Glynda, Thank you very much for posting. I have an all cherry mcspadden and an MMD in Redwood/Walnut. I like the shorter scale length of the MMD, and I also want to keep the Cherry for its sound, but would sure like a little shorter scale length. Sue at McSpadden said there is no discernible difference in sound or tone since the body size is the same on both the 26 VSL and the 28.6. So why not go shorter, is what I'm thinking. Plus after going through a couple sets of strings I'm not loving the scroll head on my McSpadden....thinking that nice flat head looks awfully good! :)

Sarah....would love to hear your David Lynch...have you recorded it yet?

Thanks again,

Cheryl

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

I was looking at McSpadden's site today and saw they make a 26" VSL dulcimer with the same body as the 28.5" VSL. Has anyone played these...I'm wondering if there is a difference in sound, volume, tone?? I think I would love the shorter scale length, but not at the expense of sound.

Thanks!!

CJ

updated by @cheryl-johnson: 08/03/23 03:34:02PM