Black Oak Or Hansen Dulcimers

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
6 years ago
2,111 posts

Andre; you do realize that, except for farmrusts' post last month, the rest of this conversation is 5 years old, right?  AFIK we haven't heard from Mike Anderson or Robert Terdeman since then...

andrearceneaux
@andrearceneaux
6 years ago
1 posts
I have my wife’s grandfather’s Black Oak Mountain Dulcimer complete with original case and original paperwork from the store it was purchased. How many did the Hansens produce and what are they worth?
farmrust
@farmrust
6 years ago
1 posts

Robert Terdeman:

I am searching for any examples of Black Oak or Hansen Dulcimers. Kris, one of the original builders, is very interested in tracking them down.

I have an early one of their dulcimers.  I would love to talk to Kris!!

Robert Terdeman
Robert Terdeman
@robert-terdeman
11 years ago
2 posts

Mike please wait for a reply from Kris! She is very interested in getting one back. If there is a problem then I would be interested in having it.

Mike Anderson said:

I just purchased and was accidentally shipped a Black Oak Dulcimer instead of the George Looney McSpadden that I had bid on. It says Ron and Kris Hansen on the inside with a Reed Springs Mo address. There is no number or initials or anything else to identify it. My Mac is in background with micarta fingerboard.

Can you please try to tell me more about it? I'm in a huge quandary now as I just received this today and I am not sure how to handle the situation. Its a flat head and appears to be solid walnut.

thanks,

Mike

Kris Jackson said:

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for contacting me. I am really looking for our mountain dulcimers. I was never a hammered dulcimer fan and they take up so much space. Have a great summer.

Kris 363_forums.jpg?width=721 364_forums.jpg?width=721

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
11 years ago
2,111 posts

What part of the country? What time period? They aren't listed on any of the builder's rosters that I know of. How many instruments did they build? Were they labeled inside? The more info we have the more we might be able to help.

Robert Terdeman
Robert Terdeman
@robert-terdeman
11 years ago
2 posts

I am searching for any examples of Black Oak or Hansen Dulcimers. Kris, one of the original builders, is very interested in tracking them down.

updated by @robert-terdeman: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM