4 posts

Hi Nancy here is a Sound sample of my Clemmer Sweetie

I love the Sound and the Sweetie. And it is really good Play on it

Miriam Storz
Miriam Storz
@miriam-storz
11 years ago
4 posts

Hi Susie, I would love to visit his shop, but from New York ist too far away. But maybe one time I will go there. So for me a good thing is to let him sent the Dulcimer to my Hotel. I will for sure make pictures and post it .... ahh can't wait.
Yes I asked him for a lot of specials :-) so we will see if he could do them all. I wrote him that if he has a better idea than I did or thinking that it did not work or sound well he could do it his way, no problem for me. So Im excited by now.

Susie
Susie
@susie
11 years ago
500 posts

Yes, he offered the initials to me too, but I wanted to make it special, tying it to the maple syrup. I thought about maple leaf soundholes, but when I've seen them on dulcimers, they really didn't move me. So I opted to have the maple leaf on the headstock. That way, I had him keep the whole vine motif on the instrument. I'm really happy with my decisions. Your lizard soundholes are nicely done. You're coming to the US and then picking up the dulcimer then is a great idea. When we make an RV trip to his area, we'll stop by his store. That might be bad for me, because I need another dulcimer/instrument, like I need a hole in the head. I would love to see your dulcimer when you get it in June. Is he personalizing that one?

Miriam Storz
Miriam Storz
@miriam-storz
11 years ago
4 posts

Yes, Mike is really nice. I asked him if he can do the Lizards for me and he said yes. I did'nt know how this worked out untill i got the parcle. I'll be in New York in June, so that's why I ordered it now to save the unfortunately high postage to Germany :-) Have you seen, I have my Initiales at the place wher you got your Marple Leave. ;-)

Susie
Susie
@susie
11 years ago
500 posts
Miriam, that is cool with those soundholes. Mike is so nice to personalize his dulcimers like he does. I bet you're excited for your new Clemmer. It will give you something to look forward to. I hope the time goes by fast for you.
Miriam Storz
Miriam Storz
@miriam-storz
11 years ago
4 posts

Hi Susie,

enjoy your Sweetie. I also have one, and it is my favoritte dulcimer at the moment. But I ordered a reg. Style Dulcimer from Mike last weekend which I will get in June this year :-)

But here is my Sweetie and the other one on the left Side is a Noteworthy Woodworking:
385_forums.jpg

Susie
Susie
@susie
11 years ago
500 posts
The sustain is wonderful. I am amazed by it. Mike and Connie were a pleasure to work with.
Susie
Susie
@susie
11 years ago
500 posts
Thanks guys for the comments.
Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
11 years ago
420 posts

Very pretty, Susie. Though I don't own any of his instruments, he does make some nice ones!

Susie
Susie
@susie
11 years ago
500 posts

Here's the Maple Leaf on the headstock. The pic still doesn't capture the full "depth" of the leaf.

384_forums.jpg?width=721

Susie
Susie
@susie
11 years ago
500 posts

I got my Clemmer Tennessee Sweetie (Church) yesterday. It is really beautiful. I can't get over how "big" it sounds. It has a wonderful voice, for a little dulcimer. The intonation is great all the way up the fretboard. It has a sassafras top and walnut everything else. I had Mike engrave (or however he does it) a maple leaf on the headstock, since my husband and I are maple syrup producers. It's so nicely done...you can actually see the veins of the leaf. He does such a beautiful job and I just love the vine running up the fretboard (which also serves as position markers). I'm really happy with my new dulcimer, I just had to share pictures of it.

382_forums.jpg

383_forums.jpg?width=750

updated by @susie: 07/31/23 09:26:12PM