McSpadden Ginger Walnut Top 2019 for sale

fiddlebetsy
@fiddlebetsy
2 months ago
3 posts

Susie:

Looks like it is dated August 2019. 

From the McSpadden website:

"The McSpaddens sold the business to Jim and Betty Woods in 2001. The Woods sold the business to Tim Grothen in 2020."

Based on the model number, it would be walnut top, and back and sides with an ebony fingerboard.  The "4FGWW-E".

Hi Susie!

That is correct, 4FGWW-E

fiddlebetsy
@fiddlebetsy
2 months ago
3 posts

Jill Geary:

Hi fiddle Betsy! You said the top is walnut - are the back and sides also walnut? Is the fingerboard ebony, or the bakelite (sp) manmade material? Lastly, do you know if it was made while Jim Woods was the owner, or later than that? Thanks for answering all these questions! Jill, San Diego

Hi There!

I purchased this dulcimer from Sky Guitars in 2020. Here's what they said about it:

4 String Ginger, Flat Peghead, Hourglass, with Walnut top, back, and sides. Comes with a padded nylon case. McSpadden Ginger Models are smaller dulcimers with a 23 3/16″ fretboard that can provide a high (Key of G) clear voice similar to that of a mandolin. On request they can be set up in the Key of D to be used as a smaller standard dulcimer for players who have difficulty reaching positions on a standard size fretboard. The voice remains bright and clear whichever key is chosen. The standard setup is G-d-gg. Optional setups are G-d-dd, D-A-dd, and D-A-AA. Included are 6 1/2 and 13 1/2 frets

It was made by Duane Porterfield in 2019.

Susie
Susie
@susie
2 months ago
504 posts

Looks like it is dated August 2019. 

From the McSpadden website:

"The McSpaddens sold the business to Jim and Betty Woods in 2001. The Woods sold the business to Tim Grothen in 2020."

Based on the model number, it would be walnut top, and back and sides with an ebony fingerboard.  The "4FGWW-E".

Jill Geary
Jill Geary
@jill-geary
2 months ago
31 posts

Hi fiddle Betsy! You said the top is walnut - are the back and sides also walnut? Is the fingerboard ebony, or the bakelite (sp) manmade material? Lastly, do you know if it was made while Jim Woods was the owner, or later than that? Thanks for answering all these questions! Jill, San Diego

fiddlebetsy
@fiddlebetsy
2 months ago
3 posts

I'm selling my McSpadden Ginger because I just don't have time to play it. Comes with gig bag, extra set of strings and custom possum board. $550 plus shipping to continental US only. 

IMG_2897.jpeg
IMG_2897.jpeg  •  675KB

IMG_2896.jpeg
IMG_2896.jpeg  •  950KB

IMG_2898.jpeg
IMG_2898.jpeg  •  142KB