Newest Just intonated dulcimer just completed

robert schuler
robert schuler
@robert-schuler
9 years ago
252 posts

Just before boxing this dulcimer up to ship I played one last tune... Simple Gifts or some variation thereof... Robert.

robert schuler
robert schuler
@robert-schuler
9 years ago
252 posts
Just got some really nice looking butternut wood today. I'll begin another as time permits. Spent the last couple days playing a lovely song Simple Gifts in Daa. This tune is remarkable in just intonation. Thanks everyone for your kind replies... Robert.
Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
9 years ago
70 posts

Thanks Lexie. I was pondering buying the one that Cynthia bought - guess I pondered too long!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Gail, I don't have a JI from Robert, but bought one made out of Buternut and can highly recommend his workmanship.

They are great to play noter/drone or chord and the sound is that silvery old time sound. Mine is my most lovely and a treasure. Robert models after A.W. Jeffery's and it is a gorgeous design.

Also Robert is a great person to work with, very kind and considerate.

Also Cynthia Wingington bought a JI from Robert recently and she seems to love it, she would be a good person to talk with about it.

Good luck with your "Sweet Strings"Smile.gif

Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
9 years ago
70 posts

Robert, how much do you charge for one of these? I love the sound and it's a beautiful instrument.

robert schuler
robert schuler
@robert-schuler
9 years ago
252 posts
James, The 27" vsl I used is the same as the original Jeffrey's scale. My tempered scale version I settled on 26 3/16" as a compromise between long & short. I build a baritone version with 28"vsl with a slightly longer body... Robert
James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
9 years ago
87 posts

Nice playing and demonstration there Robert! If I may ask, why did you go with a slightly shorter vsl for the just intonated dulcimers you'd made?

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Really lovely Robert, I really REALLY love hearing you play them, not to mention that sweet sound.113.gif

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Congrats on selling this beautiful sweet instrument Robert, I am sure the buyer will be very pleased.113.gif

We are getting rain off and on in Central MT, here's hoping for rain for your crops and your Dulci-stuff.Smile.gif

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
9 years ago
74 posts

Yeah, I thought she would buy it, she sure liked the sound of mine.

robert schuler
robert schuler
@robert-schuler
9 years ago
252 posts
Cynthia, I just sold it. I'll have to build another. Hopefully we will get some rainey days so I can get caught up with dulcimer stuff... Robert.
Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
9 years ago
74 posts

Sounds very much like the first one I bought from you Robert. Now, I hope you do keep the 2nd until you can build a third!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Robert it is not only beautiful, aww that sweet, sweet sound is exceptional, I love it and best save my money.

robert schuler
robert schuler
@robert-schuler
9 years ago
252 posts

I really REALLY! like playing on a just intonated scale dulcimer. I seldom play in DAd anymore. This model is made of poplar and is light as a feather. Here are a couple sound clips. first in Daa the second is Daa, Dac and Eaa... Robert.

updated by @robert-schuler: 06/11/15 07:43:34AM