Maddie MacNeil

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,429 posts

Friends, here is Maddie's obituary.  Included is a video of the memorial service-- a simple outdoor service and, appropriately, a song from Maddie was played.  

https://www.endersandshirley.com/obituary/madeline-macneil

updated by @robin-thompson: 03/30/20 04:39:44PM
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,429 posts

Butch, I'm grateful to you for putting this lovely piece together.  And to Doug, too, for playing on it.  I read Doug's tribute to Maddie on fb-- it was most touching.  

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,729 posts

That's very touching, Butch.  Thanks.  Even though you don't sing the words, the music is so soft and sensitive that it fully captures the spirit and mood of the song.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Butch Ross
Butch Ross
@butch-ross
4 years ago
21 posts

As many of you likely know Maddie MacNeil passed away last Sunday. At the behest of AShley Ernst from Dulcimer Players News I (and others) made videos honoring her. Mine took a little while, 'cuz I wanted to get it right. Also, because I wanted Doug Berch to play on it. Doug and I have spoken many times about Maddie and how important she was to him, how he might not have become a musician if not for her. But also, this song is right for the times we're living in, so it's a sing-along. Maddie would've wanted it that way.

I'll post this on the video page too.

updated by @butch-ross: 03/28/20 02:33:33PM