NDD - McSpadden Ginger

Susie
Susie
@susie
3 years ago
500 posts

Robin Thompson:

Susie, enjoy that lovely new Ginger!  

There may be some enablers here at fotmd yet I'm not one of them. whistle giggle2

Thanks Robin, I sure will! No, I didn't think you were one of the enablers. wasntme

Susie
Susie
@susie
3 years ago
500 posts

Dusty Turtle:

Looks like a beauty, and I'm sure it sounds like one, too!

Thanks Dusty. It sure does have a nice voice and these Gingers are fun to play. It's amazing the tone they can get out of a small bodied dulcimer. 

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
3 years ago
1,429 posts

Susie, enjoy that lovely new Ginger!  

There may be some enablers here at fotmd yet I'm not one of them. whistle giggle2

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
3 years ago
1,729 posts

Looks like a beauty, and I'm sure it sounds like one, too!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Susie
Susie
@susie
3 years ago
500 posts

I think I've purchased my last dulcimer.ROTFL

I wanted to get a second McSpadden Ginger, this one intonated DAd (I already have one intonated GDg). 

I contacted Tim at McSpadden and asked if he had any walnut woodsets with sapwood. He had a couple and let me choose between the two (for the back). I pretty much knew I wanted a spruce top. So, after deciding on all the other features, I ended up with this little gem. I knew what the back would look like, but Tim also selected wood for the peghead that had sapwood, to go with the theme. I didn't know he did that until I picked it up from my music store.

I thought I'd share it here because, after-all, you're a bunch of enablers. winker

It sounds wonderful and is a joy to play. McSpadden comes through, once again.

McSpaddenGingerD (2).jpg

McSpaddenGingerD 3.jpg

Here's my McSpadden family: 

McSpaddenGroup 1.jpg

updated by @susie: 05/10/21 12:42:03PM