NDD - McSpadden Ginger

Susie
Susie
@susie
one month ago
435 posts

Robin Thompson:

Susie, enjoy that lovely new Ginger!  

There may be some enablers here at fotmd yet I'm not one of them. whistle giggle2

Thanks Robin, I sure will! No, I didn't think you were one of the enablers. wasntme

Susie
Susie
@susie
one month ago
435 posts

Dusty Turtle:

Looks like a beauty, and I'm sure it sounds like one, too!

Thanks Dusty. It sure does have a nice voice and these Gingers are fun to play. It's amazing the tone they can get out of a small bodied dulcimer. 

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
one month ago
1,197 posts

Susie, enjoy that lovely new Ginger!  

There may be some enablers here at fotmd yet I'm not one of them. whistlegiggle2

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
one month ago
1,458 posts

Looks like a beauty, and I'm sure it sounds like one, too!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Susie
Susie
@susie
one month ago
435 posts

I think I've purchased my last dulcimer.ROTFL

I wanted to get a second McSpadden Ginger, this one intonated DAd (I already have one intonated GDg). 

I contacted Tim at McSpadden and asked if he had any walnut woodsets with sapwood. He had a couple and let me choose between the two (for the back). I pretty much knew I wanted a spruce top. So, after deciding on all the other features, I ended up with this little gem. I knew what the back would look like, but Tim also selected wood for the peghead that had sapwood, to go with the theme. I didn't know he did that until I picked it up from my music store.

I thought I'd share it here because, after-all, you're a bunch of enablers. winker

It sounds wonderful and is a joy to play. McSpadden comes through, once again.

McSpaddenGingerD (2).jpg

McSpaddenGingerD 3.jpg

Here's my McSpadden family: 

McSpaddenGroup 1.jpg

updated by @susie: 05/10/21 12:42:03PM