virtual fest from Hindman KY

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
2 years ago
1,073 posts

Thanks Robin. That not only honors Cari but also brings back some wonderful memories.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

Though this isn't from this year's virtual Hindman Homecoming fest, I want to honor Cari Norris in this thread.  I share this from Molly McCormack-- I especially love Cari 's singing on the Jean Ritchie song Sweet Sorrow in the Wind in which she is joined by Molly.  I'm guessing Cari could be playing her grandmother Lily May Ledford's guitar in the song.

https://youtu.be/d4yDC1_1JYA 

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
2 years ago
1,073 posts

I've enjoyed both Don's and Joellen's presentations. I was disappointed in yesterday's presentation on Troublesome Creek instruments as they couldn't get the Powerpoint to work. I hope they get it together by the Traditional Dulcimore Gathering in Berea as Doug is to present the Powerpoint there also. Looking forward to Don's workshop this afternoon.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

I've enjoyed the segments I've watched of the Hindman Dulcimer Homecoming!  The fest continues today (Sat 9 April '22) and ends with an evening concert.    

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

Ah, wonderful, @sunvalleylaw!  

I haven't decided what classes to view yet know I can't make a bad choice.  Fortunately, I was able to attend a portion of the Hindman Dulcimer Homecoming in '15 and it was a wonderfully memorable experience.  

sunvalleylaw
@sunvalleylaw
2 years ago
15 posts

Ok, I registered!  Thanks for pointing it out.  Interested in Joellen’s stuff on strumming and alternate tunings, and saw something on fiddle tunes that looks interesting as I know how to play a little beginner flat picking fiddle tune stuff on guitar.  Cool!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

The Hindman Dulcimer Homecoming is coming up soon!  It looks to be a great fest and can be attended from the comfort of your own place.  I inquired as to whether one could sit in on a class just as a listener-- this is how I absorb information best-- and was assured it wold be fine.  

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

Friends, this is a free virtual fest sponsored by Troublesome Creek Instruments in Hindman.  I've signed up and look forward to this event.  I'm not in any way connected to the organization of the fest so share it here in a discussion thread in case any of y'all may have interest.   

https://troublesomecreekguitars.com/2022-hindman-dulcimer-homecoming/