retomas
@retomas
5 years ago
2 posts

Thank you, Dusty. I'm finding my way around...I appreciate the guidance.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
5 years ago
1,727 posts

Hi @retomas.  It sounds like you have a really nice instrument there.  I would be surprised if no one around this site has any information for you.

FYI: I moved your post from the Site Questions Forum, which is for questions about how to use the site itself, to a Forum on specific instruments and specific luthiers.  That way your discussion will be easier to find.

And it shouldn't be hard just to reduce the size of your photos before posting. The free editing software that comes with most PCs or even most phones should be able to do that easily.  

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 06/17/19 09:26:41PM
retomas
@retomas
5 years ago
2 posts

I was fortunate enough to find a very nice Ray Branson four string Dulcimer. It was made by Ray in 1987. It is inscribed inside, but I cannot make out all of the writing. I have found very little information about Ray or his dulcimer. 

If anyone has anything to say about Ray Branson, I would appreciate your information. I was not able to attach pictures because the files are too big! The instrument has a very nice scrolled walnut headstock with slot, cedar top, mahogany or rosewood sides, mahogany or rosewood fingerboard,  cherry back.

I may be wrong about the sides and finger board, but I am probably close.

I plays and sounds very excellent. Thank you, thank you...

updated by @retomas: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM