Does anyone know anything about Jim Hamilton Dulcijos?

Peter Tommerup
Peter Tommerup
@peter-tommerup
4 years ago
5 posts
Here's a banjomer to consider. Doug Thompson invented the banjomer & continues to make them. Here's his website:

http://banjomer.com

Another possibility: find a banjo-mandolin (or "banjolin") & simply change the strings around to emulate the string set-up on a dulcimer. You'll probably need a luthier or instrument repair person to help you with this changeover, unless you're familiar with repairing string instruments. This what I've done, & I have enjoyed the outcome. For one thing, the banjo head portion of my "banjolin-dulcimer" is much larger than you'll find on a purpose-made banjomer. It doesn't quite work (to my ear) to only strum it vigorously--as you might a regular dulcimer--but when flat picking, it works very well.
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,429 posts

I had not heard of Jim Hamilton nor his Dulcijo.  Like Dusty, I have heard good things about Mike Clemmer's instruments.  

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,729 posts

I've heard very good things about Mike Clemmer's banjammer , but the Dulcijo looks pretty nice, too.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
LabMaestroPhD
LabMaestroPhD
@labmaestrophd
4 years ago
1 posts

I am interested in getting a dulcimer-banjo hybrid. I have found a Jim Hamilton Dulcijo and wondered if anyone knew anything about the builder or his dulcijos? 

OR does anyone have a dulcimer-banjo and have a recommendation for a brand/builder?

Thanks!!

Elizabeth