Does anyone recognize the Luthier who uses this symbol

Nathina
Nathina
@nathina
4 years ago
188 posts

I got confirmation that the horseshoe or mirrored 2 or whatever is indeed McSpadden before he changed to the Name Brand. Jim Woods confirmed it and will speak with Larry as to when the change occurred. Also confirmed that on these older dulcimers bone was used on some, while others had linen bakelite (micarta) bridges. There may also been the occasional Ivory, during that era, on the higher end units. When I get this one I will put it under a scope as see what it is. Linen Micarta (no longer used), as todays micarta is canvas made apparently, has similar striations with ivory and the difference is difficult to determine without high power magnification. I am expecting linen micarta. Oh the picture that I posted initially is not the McSpadden I bought. Here is the one I chose. 

updated by @nathina: 11/04/20 08:04:01PM
John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
4 years ago
389 posts

Just call or email McSpadden Instruments.  They'll be able to tell you.

Nathina
Nathina
@nathina
4 years ago
188 posts

Now traced the symbol to then end of the 1980's. Still trying to find if it changed in 1989, 1990, 1991.

Nathina
Nathina
@nathina
4 years ago
188 posts

I have traced the symbol which was still in use to the 1980's. It seems to have changed to McSpadden name in 1990's but trying to find out what year?

Nathina
Nathina
@nathina
4 years ago
188 posts

Thanks

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
4 years ago
389 posts

That logo is woodburned into the fretboard.  I have one just like it.

Nathina
Nathina
@nathina
4 years ago
188 posts

I though McSpadden burned is name into the toe.

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
4 years ago
389 posts

Hello, Nathina! 

That symbol is the logo of McSpadden Instruments (also known as The Dulcimer Shoppe) of Mountain View, Arkansas.

Nathina
Nathina
@nathina
4 years ago
188 posts

Trying to figure out the Luthier with this symbol?

updated by @nathina: 11/03/20 12:52:14PM