@flossy
3 years ago
4 posts

Mine is 4FGCC-E - late 2014.

flossy
@flossy
3 years ago
4 posts

I thought I had that McSpadden code worked out but this must be Ginger (g) Walnut (w) back & sides, Redwood (r)Top. Should have a couple more letters though. First, # of Strings, F or S (flat head or Scroll head), Shape (h Hourglass t teardrop), then type of wood for side & back, then type of wood for top). the letters for custom fittings.

Have i got this right?

flossy
@flossy
3 years ago
4 posts

Love mine, too.  It's standing right here beside me.

Cindy Stammich
Cindy Stammich
@cindy-stammich
7 years ago
68 posts

How is that Ginger Nellie?  I used to have one and i loved it.  It went to a new home - a really good friend of mine who had some physical issues and had trouble playing a full sized dulcimer.  She was really happy with it, as I hope you are!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
7 years ago
1,429 posts

Happy strumming, Nellie! 

Kusani
Kusani
@kusani
7 years ago
134 posts

Ditto on 'grain pattern'

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
7 years ago
2,126 posts

That's certainly NOT "wear dirt".  That's just natural changes in the wood's grain pattern and density!

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
7 years ago
2,126 posts

Nellie -- without seeing the pictures you are looking at we simply cannot tell anything about the instrument.  Post the pictures here so we can help.

You said: "Is wr walnut and redwood? If that is true than not plywood so should not darken?"

Plywood does not darken compared to solid wood in any scenario I've seen in over 60 years as a woodworker.

Paula Brawdy
Paula Brawdy
@paula-brawdy
7 years ago
53 posts

could be just the picture... it's hard to take pictures in the house is my experience... you can't really go wrong with a mcspadden.