Anyone know of a GOOD MTN Dulcimer Stand?

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
11 years ago
400 posts

I should have also mentioned this interesting dulcimer stand I own because it is very sturdy and will also hold your music while you practice! The top part can be removed if you don't want to use it. The pegs at the top can be adjusted to fit the width of your dulcimer and there is cork on the heel rest at the bottom. Little "feet" on the heel rest keep your dulcimerslanted back and cradled between the pegs. Well-made!

It's currently on eBay, item 141132457952

%24_57.JPG

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
11 years ago
84 posts

In addition to stability, the ThistleDew Acres (Doug & Lee Felt) stand travels very well. Unscrew the pieces which hold your instrument and pack 'em in a ziplock freezer bag. Fold stand & tuck it in suitcase. Simple stand which is best I've found.

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
11 years ago
400 posts

Gin, I own the one by Doug Felts that Wayne Anderson recommended and I am very pleased with it. It will accommodate quite a variety of instrument sizes and shapes, the pegs are padded with something that will not harm the finish on your instrument, it's sturdy and folds for easy transporting to a class or jam. And, yes, Doug and Lee are great folks to work with!

Hope this helps!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Virginia Oman
Virginia Oman
@virginia-oman
11 years ago
11 posts

Thanks Wayne. That's the best one I've seen so far. Wonderful!
Wayne Anderson said:

Hello Virginia; check out this Mountain Dulcimer Stand I have one and it works very well for Hour Glass or Tear Drop shape. These folks are great to deal with also. Hope this helps.Smile.gif

Virginia Oman
Virginia Oman
@virginia-oman
11 years ago
11 posts

Thanks Dusty. I do have a separate apartment now and am able to have most of my instruments out so I can play them more frequently. The MD is still #1

Dusty Turtle said:

Virginia, I've seen the picture of you surrounded by all your instruments. A stand won't be enough. You need a separate apartment. Grin.gif

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
11 years ago
1,727 posts

Virginia, I've seen the picture of you surrounded by all your instruments. A stand won't be enough. You need a separate apartment. Grin.gif

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Virginia Oman
Virginia Oman
@virginia-oman
11 years ago
11 posts

Most everything I see out there (and there's not much) looks flimsy and not something I want to trust to hold my 900.00+ instrument. Either it has only three legs, or there's no holder for the top part to keep it from being knocked off center. Can anyone recommend a good, stable, well made stand specific for the MD? Very much appreciated. Thanks.Grin.gif

updated by @virginia-oman: 02/09/21 11:49:16PM