Re-gluing the back of a dulcimer?????

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
9 years ago
1,096 posts

Glad to hear you are making progress on getting your dulcimer repaired.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings sweet song."

Outlander-Barb
Outlander-Barb
@outlander
9 years ago
24 posts

Ken, thanks for both answers. I wasn't sure who was a member of either group so hopefully posted in both places. Your suggestion for the Old Town School of Folk Music was great. I'd completely forgotten that. I'm thinking of turning my Blue Lion into a baritone which Janita said could be done. There's only a 1" scale length difference and a 3/4" length difference between what I have and their baritone. 1" width difference & 1/4" body depth difference. Still thinking about it but I've found a baritone suits my voice better. Just called OTS of FM store and got the info I need.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
9 years ago
1,096 posts

The simple answer is yes. I don't know how close you are to Chicago, but if you are near there, you could call the Old Town School of Folk Music and ask who in your area could do a repair for you.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
9 years ago
2,126 posts

Barbara, I gave you an extensive answer in the other place you posted your questions.

Outlander-Barb
Outlander-Barb
@outlander
9 years ago
24 posts

I have a Yocky baritone dulcimer that I love but saw two small areas that have come unglued over the the past 5 years. Is there a way to get this fixed? The dulcimer is in perfect shape but I don't know where to begin or who to go to for this. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. It's my favorite dulcimer and has the most beautiful 'voice' ever. Thanks again. Barb

updated by @outlander: 06/08/16 09:24:05PM