Updating links on my noter/drone blog

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,252 posts

Some of you may be familiar with my blog on traditional style dulcimer playing with videos and Noter style tabs. 

https://dulcimer-noter-drone.blogspot.com/

Though I don't create new posts on my Noter blog very often nowadays, I do occasionally make updates or changes to the blog, which I started in 2009.

Today for the second time in eight years, I reviewed the links I had listed there.. Links to various helpful info on traditional dulcimer playing and traditional music resources.  Some sites had merely moved and needed their links updated, but I was surprised at the number of links to sites and pages that no longer even exist.  It struck me that much has changed online relative to traditional dulcimer playing since I began my blog in 2009!  

Ive updated and reorganized the existing links, added a couple, and removed dead or irrelevant links.  Ive also now added links to several builders who currently build traditional/early style instruments, such as Kevin Messenger, Dan Cox, John Knopf, and BirdRock (in UK). Hopefully this will be helpful to folks newly interested in traditional dulcimers.

I'm posting this because I'm open to receiving suggestions for including new links that are helpful and relevant to traditional dulcimer playing.  I may or may not decide to include such links, but all suggestions will be considered!

Im closing this thread to replies because I'd like to receive these suggested links in private. So please send me your suggestions by clicking the "Contact site owner" link at the very bottom of any page here on FOTMD.

thank you so much!  Strumelia

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM