Happiness in a new song

Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
6 years ago
297 posts
Thank you, Lisa. I really love these two songs played together.

As I said, "Why did it take so long."
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
2,252 posts

I just saw this post Terry.  GOOD STUFF!  clapper

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
6 years ago
297 posts

I know you have, but I will still ask the question.  Have you ever learned a new song and discovered some real happiness, and joy?  I did.

About two week ago I began learning two new songs, both of which I should have learned years prior.  I don't really know why not.

I recently purchased a new songbook from Linda W Collins, "Beyond the Basics: A Songbook."

While going over the songbook I discovered these two songs, listened to them on you tube, and began learning the songs.   Okay! Okay!  Tell us the two songs!

First:  Lisa Jane;  Second: Goin'Down to Cairo.   Then I discovered both could be played as one song.  So I learned the music and words, confidently enough to play out, Sat for a senior church group and this morning at an Assisted Living Home.  

I am hear to tell you, this joint adventure in song went over fantastic.  I received the best response from this song, better than any other.   Lots of clapping and smiling.  "That's what I am talking about", kind of stuff.   Loads of fun.

So I would say, to anyone who plays out, if you haven't already, add this one (or two), to your reportoire.   Even though it's not a Gospel song, its a "clean" song, and the folks will love it.  And you will too.

updated by @terry-wilson: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM