Black Mountain vs Walnut Valley

Lucky Dave
Lucky Dave
@dulcimer-dave
6 years ago
19 posts

Thank you both very much for your responses, now let’s see if th USPS can get it here in time for Christmas!

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
6 years ago
234 posts

I purchased a Walnut Valley dulcimer in Early 1993 and kept it until 2017. I sold it to a lady in our club who wanted it. Then I found one nearly like it earlier this year that appeared to have been bought but left unplayed in its case. So I now have a Walnut Valley once again. I really like the Walnut Valley. It is quite versatile. I have played it noter drone and with 4 equidistant strings using the noter. It sounds good in multiple modes and tunings. I don't think you would be disappointed with a Walnut Valley.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
6 years ago
1,090 posts

Both are good instruments.  I have a Walnut Valley brochure. If you PM me your email address, I will send you a pdf of the brochure. I tried to do it here, but it didn't work.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

updated by @ken-longfield: 12/21/18 01:01:37PM
Lucky Dave
Lucky Dave
@dulcimer-dave
6 years ago
19 posts

Howdy all,

I’m in the market for a new instrument ( because when are we not?) and I found a couple I like. One was made in the 90’s by a company named Walnut Valley. I find very little info on them, but it is a gorgeous instrument. And I’d love to know more about them.

The other is a Black Mountain model 58D, I can find plenty on them and it too is a beautiful Dulcimer...but it may be sold, will find out this weekend. So, if you could only buy one of these ....Which would it be and why? Thank you in advance for your expertise and Merry Christmas to all.

Dave

updated by @dulcimer-dave: 12/21/18 12:55:04PM