Another kind of "Whiskey Before Breakfast"

Gordon Hardy
Gordon Hardy
@gordon-hardy
11 months ago
28 posts

We have a bird here (you probably have them too) called a Whisky Jack, aka Camp Robber, aka Canada Jay, aka Gray Jay. Whisky Jacks like to hang around where folks are camping and help themselves to whatever unguarded food scraps they can find. A really comical bird, fun to watch, can wile away lots of down time when relax camping. Not nearly as rare as hummingbirds in this neck of the woods. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_jay

John W. McKinstry
John W. McKinstry
@john-w-mckinstry
11 months ago
50 posts

Thanks Benjamin and Dusty for your response.  Talking about seeing wild birds, I had a new bird come to our feeder a month ago: it was a male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak.  I had seen them in bird books but to have a visit by a real one was a great treat!

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
11 months ago
1,729 posts

And your hummingbirds won't need a nap, as I would if I enjoyed some whisky before breakfast.sleepy

It's a joy, isn't it, when we can lure wild birds to our garden.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
John W. McKinstry
John W. McKinstry
@john-w-mckinstry
11 months ago
50 posts

Every morning before breakfast I look out at my whiskey barrel planter with a fuchia plant in it. I have been waiting for humming birds to discover it.  I am glad to announce that two came this morning for the first time. I now call this exciting moment: "Whisky Before Breakfast".