Poplar J. E. Thomas replica dulcimer for sale.

Jill Geary
Jill Geary
@jill-geary
8 months ago
31 posts

Ken Hulme:

"out to sea" -- I hope that means you're on a boat someplace, not floundering elsewise!confusey

LOL actually I'm more like "out to lunch," but, yes, I am back from being out to sea. Well, the Pacific Ocean....

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
8 months ago
390 posts

This Thomas dulcimore is still available!

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 months ago
2,126 posts

"out to sea" -- I hope that means you're on a boat someplace, not floundering elsewise!confusey

Jill Geary
Jill Geary
@jill-geary
8 months ago
31 posts

Ken Hulme:

Jill -- John's tuning pegs work very smoothly.  I've had one of his Thomas replicas for quite a few years, with no problems.  Every year or so I put a couple drops of Peg Dope on the shaft of each peg.

Thanks Ken! Tempting - but I'm out to sea at the moment so acquisition is delayed for now! :-)

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 months ago
2,126 posts

Jill -- John's tuning pegs work very smoothly.  I've had one of his Thomas replicas for quite a few years, with no problems.  Every year or so I put a couple drops of Peg Dope on the shaft of each peg.

Jill Geary
Jill Geary
@jill-geary
8 months ago
31 posts

Hi John, I've been wanting to order one of your Thomas replicas for many years! I think I'd prefer peghed/geared tuners (I've had friction tuners in the past - but, I guess I'm getting lazy)!  Not quite ready to buy yet, but hopefully soon. God Bless!

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
8 months ago
390 posts

I have this poplar Thomas dulcimer reproduction for sale now.  I built it in the winter of 2019.  The price is $440 plus shipping.  Remember that this is for noter/drone playing only-- you note the first string only, and the other 2 strings drone the accompaniment.  It has walnut carved tuning pegs, just so you know.